On Aug 12, 12:27 am, Jeremy Darling <jeremy.darl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Seems lil twitter grew up and found lawyers.  While I don't agree or like
> the product that Dean sells, I dis-agree more with the misuse of legal
> representation by a corporation even more.  I remember when MS started this
> everyone threw stones (and courts threw it out), now twitter starts it and
> its OK!?

I'm not expressing an opinion on this one way or the other, but what a
lot of people don't realize about US trademark law is this: Twitter
doesn't have a choice in this matter. They are *required* to actively
defend their trademark, or they will lose it. This is how the law
works, and it's why you often see companies taking seemingly
unnecessary action against seemingly minor violations (not that I'm
quantifying this as minor). They have to, that's all there is to it.