Hi Joel,
When I saw your mail I quickly restested some of my apps and they all
continue to work fine with twitter oauth (using rails, see
http://tardate.blogspot.com/2009/06/using-twitter-oauth-with-rails-sample.html).

This doesn't appear to have been a general problem with the service itself -
suggest you look more at whatever libraries/plugins/dev environment are you
using for twitter oauth, and your app configuration. I think you can get the
PIN flow if either (a) callback url not provided properly or (b) app is not
registered as a "browser" app indicating it will use twitter for
authentication.

Regards,
Paul