Well even with a proxy the users of the app would still need to access
twitter.com.
Unless twitter makes an exception here I don't see any other way of setting
a custom source.
It's a shame china is blocking twitter, but I'd imagine they would probably
end up blocking your
site soon if it became popular. Best of luck.

--
Josh