Is there any possibility of a test site, with these API response
changes, being made available before the changes are introduced to the
real site?

This would allow us to test our sites and applications against the
test site and fix any bugs and bombs before users would otherwise
experience them when the changes go live on the real site.

My code is written very defensively and is generally OK with things
like this, but the only real way to know for sure is to test it. This
kind of testing is better done in a controlled environment than in the
real live environment.

It is not necessary that the test site accept geolocation updates,
elements with <geo_enabled> sub-elements, etc. The test site could
even have a very small user database, it wouldn't need the entire live
twitter database. Not would it need to support API requests that are
POSTs, only GETs.

Even if the test site is only available as little as 1 or 2 days
before the real site goes live, given reasonable advance notice (1
week?) as to when the test site will be available, this could greatly
smooth out the introduction of this really cool feature for all of us:
twitter, twitter partners, and twitter users.

Anything that could be done here would be greatly appreciated by me,
and I believe the whole twitter development community.

Comments expected and welcome.

Jim Renkel