Thanks JDG for the advice but I wrote an App, not a webapp.

The program runs on the users computer and they auth, I really don't
want to do a whole "i'm going to quietly send your info to me while
you aren't looking".  I really dislike when companies put in a some
sneaky things to get the user info without the user knowing about it.

Twitter really should provide a method of seeing this server side, I
guess they don't.

-b