Not app specific but as a user via the web I am noticing the following
possibly related behaviors:

- new users showing up in my followers list w/o an email being sent

- emails being sent about new followers w/o the follower showing up in my
followers list

- followers i blocked still showing up in my followers list (with one
follower I had to block I think 4 times for it to finally stick)

Shannon