I asked this, and similar but more detailed questions, in my Aug 18,
7:35 pm post to this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_thread/thread/1e07e332ec3d449d/2d10a6a22e55133e?lnk=gst&q=ReTweet+API#2d10a6a22e55133e

but, unfortunately, have not yet received an answer, at least none
that I can find.

Could someone from twitter (Marcel Molina?) please address these
issues?

I think they are pretty important. I need to know the answers to be
able to design support for retweets in my site (http://twxlate.com). I
would hope I wouldn't have to resort to experimentation once this
feature is deployed at twitter.com to get answers to what I think are
pretty fundamental questions.

Thanks in advance,

Jim Renkel