Hello,
 Sorry I don't have full curl responses, but I haven't been able to
reproduce via curl.. The below is from our logs as the response to a
statuses/update.xml request. It looks like twitter is overloaded and
is attempting to redirect to "503.html" but permissions for that file
are not set correctly so it is returning a 403 in response to the
request.. This is happening fairly frequently right now when requests
to post come through the server, but I am still working on reproducing
with a curl output.

httpRequest Failed - 403 - /statuses/update.xml
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
on this server.</p>