So after battling OAuth, I finally was able to get an access token.
But now, I am getting a 401 Unauthorized error when trying to post the
status.

My question is, what parameters do I need to send for posting a
status?  All parameters(consumer key, consumer secret, token, token
secret, nonce, timestamp, signature method, version)?  Does that
status go as a parameter, or is it written to the request like done
with Basic Authentication?  If it goes as a parameter, does it go as a
parameter that is part of the signature, or is it tacked on at the end
after the signature?  I am doing a desktop app, so I have the PIN.
Does the PIN need to also be a parameter to update the status?

With this generic message, it's hard for me to figure out what I am
doing wrong.  I don't know if I am missing parameters, have too many
parameters, or something that has nothing to do with the parameters.
I am using .Net, which is throwing an exception when trying to get the
response.  All I can see is "(401) Unauthorized".

I tried going by the OAuth core documentation for accessing protected
resources:

http://oauth.net/core/1.0#anchor13

but still get the same error.

Here is my POST data for updating a status:

POST&http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fstatuses
%2Fupdate.xml&oauth_consumer_key%3Dr1asAzyH1Kyq4BWE8ZlEg%26oauth_nonce
%3D773772%26oauth_signature_method%3DHMAC-SHA1%26oauth_timestamp
%3D1253801265%26oauth_token%3D65084988-
fQr5UVeZ6TDLZ9DQp7hEkOT0lXtAUUNp3AbYnCX8F%26oauth_version
%3D1.0%26status%3DHelloWorld

and my final URL looks like...

http://twitter.com/statuses/update.xml?oauth_consumer_key=r1asAzyH1Kyq4BWE8ZlEg&oauth_nonce=773772&oauth_signature_method=HMAC-SHA1&oauth_timestamp=1253801265&oauth_token=65084988-fQr5UVeZ6TDLZ9DQp7hEkOT0lXtAUUNp3AbYnCX8F&oauth_version=1.0&status=HelloWorld&oauth_signature=5hYORksKDi%2bxF2LqXCxWrTI1ozk%3d