On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Dewald Pretorius <dpr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This goes for any large numbers, including tweet ids. As far as I am
> concerned they can output everything in JSON as strings.

That would create quite a memory footprint! I prefer to use ints where
possible and strings only where necessary. I think it would be to your
benefit to just convert to 64-bit PHP. While PHP is type-less, other
languages aren't, and converting back to int is much more a pain in C than
it is in PHP. I suggest Twitter leave it the way it is - it should be up to
the end recipient to convert it in a way that works.  Maybe write some new
JSON libraries that parse it correctly? That's what open source is for.

Jesse