We use JSON thoughout... as JSON and also parsing to db fields... I
love that JSON converts directly to OO.... but then again what works
for one app, may hinder others... no ideal solution.

I suspect that things will stay as they are anyway... so your our app
lose on this one and will just have to do more during our to db
parsing operations ...

Simon