I am reposting the @oneforty response to my blog post here for the
benefit of everyone:
---------------------------------------

Hey everyone, thank you for taking the time to help us better
understand and better serve the developer community.

We read this and shared it with our investors, advisors and even our
@oneforty and @pistachio Twitter readers. We're glad this conversation
about the contract is happening. We've been trying to gather feedback
via our developer alpha this summer and the Twitter API developers
list. We're listening earnestly. We especially want to get this
contract right before we start pilot tests that will let developers
sell directly on oneforty.

There's also a bunch of things you didn't raise (others have) that
we're changing. just a few of them:
-We already killed the "we get a share of offsite sales" clause
-We are seriously reexamining how to improve the minimum payments
threshold and time delay before payments get sent out
-We're changing the cancellation terms

These -- and quite a few other -- things are being actively
reevaluated. We know it's lame to hear "we're working on it" as our
main answer to you right now, but that's the plain truth. Quick
specifics on what you raised:

2.1 Needs to be more clearly expressed what this even means. This
unclear language confused at least one developer into thinking our
model is royalty based (it's not) and that all payments would be made
to developers as "donations/gifts" instead of regular income (they're
not going to be)
2.2 Trial versions should only apply to trial versions distributed
through us. Not ANY trial version you ever share.
3.2 We're not trying to force you to provide phone support, so we need
to rewrite that
4.0 FEES - we agree we need much more explanation and support around
how we imagine all of this working
5.2 We need to work out fair terms under which the customer
relationship gets shared. What's in the contract now ain't it yet.

We'd particularly love to hear your concerns about sharing the
relationship with the customer fairly. (ie, the part about not
contacting them in any way except to provide support.) That's a tough
one to figure out. Whatever we end up with needs to protect
developers, oneforty and honor oneforty community privacy
expectations.

We feel strongly that the marketplace needs to grow as a partnership
between oneforty and the communities it serves.

More on why we feel this way, from our FAQ
http://oneforty.com/pages/faq#developers

What if I disagree with the terms of the developer contract?
Tell us. We're here to cultivate and serve a community in which
everybody thrives. If our terms preclude that, we're not doing our
jobs, and we want to know it. We rely heavily on feedback from the
developer community

Thanks for opening up this dialog and we look forward to more of it.

Warmly,
Laura, Mike, Michael & Robby (@oneforty)

Laura Fitton (@pistachio)
Mike Champion (@graysky)