Hi Scott,
Since it seems you are looking for a sampling situation, you might want to
poll the public timeline and check for 1st tweet, (created at and 1st update
timeframe are same/near day).
Also, you could expand your sample size and look into accessing the
spritzer  or garden hose and again running some best guess scenario of
signup and first tweet.

Cheers
Peter