Dave,

It depends on which button you are seeing. A lot of blogs and sites have
integrated Sign in with Twitter. It allows you to easily leverage Twitter
for authentication and to link their identity on your site.

http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Sign-in-with-Twitter

Check it out and let us know if you have any questions.

Best, Ryan