I use Python for most of my development with the Twitter API, and I
have been using urllib2 to extract content.

After running my scripts for some period of time (sometimes 5 mins,
sometimes several hours) I get an httplib.BadLineStatus exception. All
I could find on this error is that it means the server sent an HTTP
error that is non-standard (?). The exception was passed up to the
httplib from urllib2.

This also happened with DeWitt's Python package (which uses urllib2).

Without knowing what content is being returned (if any), I am having a
difficult time nailing down what is causing this exception. Has
anybody else experienced this problem? Is there any way to prevent it?
(right now I am just retrying the request)