One thing to do is include the date/time that no chains are required.

In general, status messages should be timestamped because it's almost
always important to know when they were generated.  Yes, tweets are
timestamped, but that's the tweet's timestamp, not the date that the
status was actually generated by the service.  (Yes, the two will be
reasonably close when things are going well, but ....)