The sample resource is just that, a sample. The default access level
quite a lot of data. You can also request a higher sample (the
"gardenhose") if your project needs a higher proportion of the
statuses.

Allowing a geo predicate on the Streaming API would be very useful
thing indeed.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Services, Twitter Inc.