Hi Twitter, Twitter Developers,

Let me start with the question: is there a good reason why the payload for direct_messages doesn’t have a “in-reply-to-direct- message-id”, just like the “in-reply-to-status-id” for status updates? I know that for my use cases, and I’m sure for some of your s, it’d be helpful to know if a DM was a reply to an earlier one, or a new DM to the recipient.

So here’s the feature request: can we pretty please have a “in- reply-to-direct-message-id” in the DM API payload? And if you consid er this a reasonable request, how long do you think that would take ;)

THANK YOU!

Michael.