Apparently you have issues pasting image urls as well :)
I would try to see what the errors are, there are a few ways you can do this, depending on how centOS is set up.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.error-reporting.php
You can add the error handling enabler to your script, this works most of the time. With certain errors, the script will not have run, therefore, the enabling of the error can not be run to report an error.

In those cases, you need to set the error enabling in .htaccess or php.ini, neither of which you want to leave on, once going to production state. I usually wrap them up in a way that only loads an .htaccess file for my IP, and a strict one for everyone else.

In .htaccess it may be something like this:
php_flag display_errors On
 - or -
php_flag display_errors 1

* I get different results depending on different php's if it is string or boolean.

Now, when you load your page, you will get the exact error as the page generated it. If you have full control over the server, it may also be just as simple to set the logging to a file, usually the error_log for Apache. Then you can `tail -f error_log` in your shell. This is generally default behavior, check phpInfo() for the path.

I have a feeling you are missing curl. It may be a simpler test to just make one call to check for it:
if (function_exists('curl')) {
     echo 'good';
} else {
     echo 'bad';