I never knew that asking questions would be considered "whining".

Twitter has never officially stated that OAuth is in "production" like they
announce other features (like Lists).  Now they seem to be telling
developers to start moving to OAuth.

You state to "don't" use it.  It doesn't look like we will have much of a
choice soon.  Twitter is recommending third-parties move to OAuth.  Looks
like it won't be long before basic auth is depreciated.