Hi, Raffi
Were you able to raise the cache issue with the search team?
Seems the problem is worse than I thought. I have run my script
(getting 25 results from search every 15 minutes, for Mumbai) for two
days. The first day had 71% duplicate results due to the caching
issue, while the second day fetched an amazing 90% duplicates. With
these kind of results, I think it’s probably quite useless for me to
even use the search API .
So would appreciate if you could let me know if there is a chance that
this issue may be resolved in the near future or if location specific
streams would be available via the streaming API anytime soon. I
understand that the twitter dev team has a lot on its hands, so it
would be understandable if this isn’t anywhere in the list of features
they intend to ship out in the near future. However, would definitely
appreciate it if you could let me know if anything could be done or
not.
Thanks and Regards,
Elroy Serrao