Thanks Dave,

I think I get it from your example... yet, in our case, we have
several thousands of keywords, and many many complex searches (with
filter:, "and", "or", :near ... an so on).

I keep thinking that instead of re-implementing on my side the search
engine logic that Twitter has, it would be simpler for them to also
send the macthing keywords. And even more elegant solution (yet
slightly more complex) would be to be able to parse parameters along
with the search I give, such as a unique search_id (that I can store
on my side) and then, instead of giving me the matched keywords/search
terms, they could just give me back that search_id. That would be
something like this :

Right now it is :
POST  http://stream.twitter.com/1/statuses/filter.json
track=paris,twitter+superfeedr,"julien near:france"

It would be awesome if I could do :
POST  http://stream.twitter.com/1/statuses/filter.json
track={"paris":"my_search_1","twitter
+superfeedr":"my_search_2","julien near:france":"my_search_3"}

And then, upon notifications, they would just pass me this search key
my_search_xx

I know and understand and implies a little bit of work for Twitter,
but it also removes the pain from each susbcriber to this streaming
API who has to re-implement again and again the "search engine" from
Twitter.