I've noticed that you keep the filename. That was kind of annoying for
other reasons:
http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_thread/thread/1f63694495c02ff/a713748c19c35895

If I just check the filename, I can't be sure that the file wasn't
changed by the user. It would be nice if the account/
update_profile_background_image function could guarantee that the
image URL returned was the actual image I uploaded. (with whatever
filtering you want to apply)

--
Kyle Mulka
Founder, Congo Labs