On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Abraham Williams <4bra...@gmail.com>wrote:

> From the numbers I've seen in this thread more then 95% of accounts are are
> followed less then 25k times. It would not seem to make sense for Twitter to
> support returning more then 25k ids per call. Especially since there are
> only ~775 accounts with more then 100k followers:
> http://twitterholic.com/top800/followers/
>
> Abraham

Yet, those 775 accounts have the potential ability to reach up to 775,000+
("+", considering the number of retweets they each get) of Twitter's user
base. When they're dissatisfied, people hear.  IMO those are the ones
Twitter should be going out of their way to satisfy.  Add to that the fact
that many of those are the ones willing to pay the biggest bucks when/if
Twitter implements a business account, they could also be a contributing
factor to Twitter's revenue model in the future.  It makes total sense for
Twitter to support those ~775 accounts.  If they're ignored, they'll take
their followers with them.

Jesse