I'm presently migrating some of my code base to the Streaming API, and
I have a question regarding the filter/track syntax.

Currently I run multiple searches on frequencies from 1 minute to 1
hour (based on output volume). Let's say for example the following 2
searches.  "happy OR sad"  and  ":) OR :("

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=happy+OR+sad
http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%3A%29+OR+%3A%28

With the streaming API filter and only one connection, it seems my
only option is to combine these in to one filter  i.e.
"track=happy,sad,:),:("

I'm then required to do my own parsing to determine the actual source
of the result.

Hopefully I'm missing something here and I can separate track input
and better identify the right result for the right search.  Any help
appreciated.

Ronald