I apologize if this has been previously covered, but it appears that
explicit geotag info is not shown for any tweet returned via the
search API, regardless of whether a user has authorized public geo
reporting.

As a result, it is possible to determine what is being said in a
specific location, but it is not possible to determine where people
are talking about a specific subject.

I understand you not wanting to show all the signals that lead to a
geo search match, but I can't grok why you're witholding specific
metadata from the search results.

Any light you can shed would be valuable to my customers. Any plans to
change this policy would be rad.

Thanks!
Eric

(on my iPhone. Sorry for typeos)