When the Streaming API when live for production use, I recall an email
describing that a set of changes would eventually occur to the Search
API in terms of rate limiting and other bits I can't quite remember at
the moment.

Has there been any update?

As a contractor, I've integrated and deployed several applications for
my clients that rely on the Search API. Although some of these
implementations can be migrated to the Streaming API, most of these
can't: the most obvious ones rely on the ability to 'AND' a lot of low-
volume keywords and phrases, which the Streaming API doesn't support.
You know, queries like "san francisco", "new york" for example. :)

So, I'm wondering if there is any available documentation as to what
changes exactly are coming to the Search API so I can be ready to help
my clients move forward when the time comes.

-- Arron.