My desktop app uses Adobe AIR with Javascript. I'm using the OAuth
javascript library from here:

    http://oauth.googlecode.com/svn/code/javascript/

I am able to POST with xAuth to get the token/token_secret. I am then
able to GET timelines using the received tokens. However, so far I am
unable to POST to send updates or create/destroy favorites. When I
compare the Authorization header my code generates with the one you
can generate manually at this site:

http://hueniverse.com/2008/10/beginners-guide-to-oauth-part-iv-signing-requests/

they are identical. Nevertheless, I am getting a 401 status back but
no JSON data telling me what the error is.

First question: any idea what might be going on here?
Second question: Under what conditions would one get a 401 status, but
no data describing the error?

Stumped!