You would use two-legged OAuth in conjunction with xAuth. For the requests
your app makes that don't require a user, you'd use two-legged OAuth.

The process for acquiring an accessToken in xAuth is itself almost a
two-legged OAuth operation (just like the request token step). The way you
formulate a two-legged request is essentially identical.

The point of xAuth is to give you a path to exchange login and password for
an access token. The intent is that you'll dispose of the logins and
passwords and store only the access token to make requests on the users
behalf. If the access token is manually expired by the user, you would ask
them for their login information again and exchange for an access token
again.

The ultimate goal here is for there to be no justifiable reason for
developers to retain logins and passwords.

The URL of an application is not related to your use of an access token.
However, if you have two websites, one about dogs and the other about cats
for example, and I grant access to my twitter account for the dog website --
it would not be acceptable that the cat website also had access to my
twitter account. Being above the board at all times about how far granted
access goes is a best practice all should keep in mind. In this (admittedly
silly) example, it would be the best practice to have two client
applications/API keys registered with Twitter: one for the dogs site and one
for the cats site.

Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/episod