I heard somewhere that the list count is supposed to be included in
the user object at some point, although I can't remember where I heard
that/what the timeline was.

Until then, best solution appears to be (I hate to say it) scraping
the website. Otherwise, the API calls could get out of hand for users
on a ton of lists.

Damon