Ryan,

Thanks for clarifying, finally, at least. Rebranded Twitter or not,
Tweetie as owned and developed by Twitter basically reinforces and
confirms everything that we posted on the Nambu blog this morning:
Twitter will take anything significant built around Twitter for
itself, 100%.

Twitter is now officially developing native applications on three
platforms: iPhone OS, OSX and Blackberry, all free. Simply brutal. But
I am not nearly affected as the iPhone developers. They should be
rightfully livid that Twitter moved to wipe them out and take all
advertising revenue (iAd and other stuff) on the iPhone and iPad for
themselves rather than share it, as almost all other platforms do.
Pretty sad. Make no mistake, "Twitter for iPhone" will take all
significant market share, and there is nothing any of the developers
there that have done great work can do about it. If you do not see
this, you do not understand the basics of business.

Making Tweetie free is pretty brutal as well, but only because Twitter
is doing it. Everyone else should be put on notice that you will be
next, as we have been.

Mr. Wilson and Twitter, with these moves, and have basically told
everyone of competence that they must accept their development efforts
as only ending up as a nice lifestyle business. Anything more, and
Twitter will move to take it from you, simple as that.

--ejw

Eric Woodward
Email: e...@nambuc.om