Keep in mind that xAuth usage is restricted and not available for web
applications.

Access tokens work the same whether they are acquired using using using the
standard OAuth flow of getting a request token, sending the user to
Twitter.com, and exchanging the request token for an access token or the
xAuth flow of directly exchanging password for access token.

XAuth works by passing a users screen_name and password directly to the
access_token endpoint without an accompanying request token.

Abraham