On 04/18/2010 09:44 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Well, it seems we have enough "does work" and "doesn't work" cases to
> justify me taking some Wireshark traces and trying to debug my usage,
> especially if Firefox 3.6.3 is still working on wireless in Windows and
> failing in wireless on openSUSE 11.2. What should I be looking for in
> the traces?
>
> On 04/18/2010 07:07 PM, Abraham Williams wrote:
>> Chrome for OSX and Linux doesn't support Gears and never will so until
>> Twitter supports the HTML5 Geo spec...
>>
>> 2010/4/18 Raffi Krikorian <ra...@twitter.com>
>>
>>> i use safari + gears on OS X and it works for me.  i think its only very
>>> recent that chromium under OS X supports it.

>>> --
>>> Raffi Krikorian
>>> Twitter Platform Team
>>> http://twitter.com/raffi

It seems the error message has changed. It used to say "Unable to locate
you" and now says, "Unable to contact Twitter location service." So -
there seems to be at least one request-response pair from me to Twitter
I should be able to find in a trace. Twitter - is this something on your
end? I can filter a Wireshark trace on IP addresses and send it to you.