My explaination is more language agnostic, and works for an oauth web
flow.  But I like your RoR idea, and it sounds like there is support
for "localhost" development to some extent.  I suppose /authenticated
is the controller. How the terms dev, stage, prod fit into the rails
design paradigm is less clear.  Can you clarify that or provide a
simple example?

Thanks for any insights.  Patrick