I've found that all of my 500 isses are related to "poison users." For
whatever reason, I can never get their followers. I retry on 500, so I
end up with an infinite loop of 500s for these users. When 500s happen
with other users, my program usually succeeds after 1 or 2 retries.

The only way to resolve it is to kill my process, add the user to a
blacklist, and start over. It's really frustrating.

Ryan