On 04/25/2010 08:40 PM, John Kalucki wrote:
> The user endpoint is very similar to the filter endpoint. We're tuning
> the parameters, but, yes, you can track and loc, just as on filter,
> but you can't follow.

Yeah, I figured I'd be unable to follow another 200 folks on top of the
over 5000 I already have. ;-)

> Duplicated JSON isn't really a big concern, but I'll look into what we
> can trim. The markup is rendered once for all receivers. If the rules
> fire, you get the same event as everyone else who is party to the
> event. There are also use cases beyond user streams that require
> completeness.

I guess it's too soon to think about compressed or binary streams. I'm
compressing the JSON (every hour) so compressing would save me bandwidth
and processing power. I might not compress binary, though - the JSON is
compressing in the range of 7-10 to 1 and I doubt if binary would be
that good.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
borasky-research.net/m-edward-ed-borasky

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~ Paul Erdős