I have just met the same situation. I created my app with Read only,
then I used with that for a while. Later, I wanted to post, so I
switched to Read and Write. I kept re-requesting the access token, but
that didn't work.

The user still have "read-only" in their Setting/Connection tab.

Revoke, then authorize app again. Problem solved. (This make sense,
because user didn't give app the permission to write at first place.)

Hope this helps.