I am writing my own c++ based OAuth library.  I know there is liboauth
but I like to do things myself to learn.

Anyhow I am trying to access http://stream.twitter.com/1/statuses/sample.xml
and I keep getting 401.

I have verified pretty much every parameter, and used the tool on
http://hueniverse.com/2008/10/beginners-guide-to-oauth-part-iv-signing-requests/
to verify my signature is correct. I used twurl to obtain the user
access tokens to my account.

After doing some reading I'm no longer convinced that the streaming
server even supports oauth.

can you fill me in on the current status of stream.twitter.com and
oauth?

thanks!
Lucas