I have not yet seen the new Twitter iPhone client, but if this is true
then it's exactly what we developers feared would happen, namely
Twitter competing with developers and using secret API calls to offer
features that external developers cannot offer. It's really not a good
move, folks, because once you open that barn door, the horses just
keep bolting, and you undermine an already shaky trust in the
intentions of Twitter towards developers. I know this was not decided
or done by Ryan's group, but someone in your group should do some
serious advocacy here, because you're the ones who want us to trust
you and continue to work with you in a non-combative environment.