I am building a RSS native mobile app that pull Twitter feeds using
Search API. I am experiencing similar behavior. Sometimes it has fewer
results.

Could you advise me? If I would have to use Twitter to report real-
time events such as Earthquake alerts? for Medical Emergency alerts?
Should I use Search API for reliable real time results? Or consider
Stream API?

Other questions relating to using Geo and Places.

- What is the best way to filter results to just cover tweets from US?
Do I use a central geo point in US like mid west and expand the
radius?
- Would Near: & Within: filter deliver the same results as Geo filter?
example earthquake near:US within:500mi? Would near: filter work on
country level?
- How could I find acceptable country name that use in near: filter?
example Africa, Haiti?
- What is the radius limit on Geo & Near? in terms of mi or km?
- Do you recommend any utility or tools that I can export public
tweets into data store? for reporting purposes

Note: I try to expand geo radius to 800 miles but couldn't get much
results.

Earthquake using Geo Filter
earthquake - Twitter Search
http://search.twitter.com/search.rss?lang=en&geocode=37.09024%2C-95.712891%2C500.0mi&q=earthquake

Earthquake using Geo, Near: & Within: Filters
earthquake near:US within:500mi - Twitter Search
http://search.twitter.com/search.rss?lang=en&geocode=37.09024%2C-95.712891%2C500.0mi&q=earthquake+near%3AUS+within%3A500mi