On the list we were told:

> our current plan is that no user will see a t.co URL on twitter.com but we
> still have some details to work through. the links will still be displayed as
> they were sent in, but the target of the link will be the t.co link instead.
> and, we want to provide the same ability to display original links to
> developers. we're going to use the entities attribute to make this possible.

On the website,
(http://blog.twitter.com/2010/06/links-and-twitter-length-shouldnt.html)
Twitter said:

> When this is rolled out more broadly to users this summer, all links shared
> on Twitter.com or third-party apps will be wrapped with a t.co URL. A really
> long link such as
> http://www.amazon.com/Delivering-Happiness-Profits-Passion-Purpose/dp/0446563048
>  might be wrapped as http://t.co/DRo0trj for display on SMS, but it could be
> displayed to web or application users as amazon.com/Delivering- or as the
> whole URL or page title. Ultimately, we want to display links in a way that
> removes the obscurity of shortened link and lets you know where a link will
> take you.

Reading that last sentence, it makes it sound like you are going to
auto-expand shortened URLs, which would effectively kill all other URL
shortening services.

Can someone clarify this? I searched through the list archive but
didn't see an answer.

If I post "http://ƒ.ws/tco"; to Twitter (which is a redirect to
http://blog.twitter.com/2010/06/links-and-twitter-length-shouldnt.html),
will the user see "http://ƒ.ws/tco"; and if the user clicks on