Initially I did not see a privacy issue with t.co  But, having thought
more about Twitter forcing us to use the t.co link as the first-hop
destination, I believe there are some potential privacy issues that
need to be clarified.

1)

Normally you need to specify in your service or product's privacy
policy that you are doing click tracking and other individual or
aggregate data collection. How does t.co affect your privacy policy
when you knowingly divert a user to an intermediary service (Twitter)
that collects data, without the user knowing about the collection or
having an opportunity to read and agree to the privacy policy of
Twitter?

Many clicks will come from people who do not use Twitter or do not
have a Twitter account.

2)

When you display anchor text of http://cnn.com but send the user to
http://t.co/xxxxxx when they click the anchor text, isn't that
deceptive?

The user expects to be sent directly to CNN.com, as inferred by the
anchor text, and not to an intermediary service that the user has no
knowledge of what that service is going to do or collect. This goes
hand in hand with 1) above.