Thanks John. That makes more sense.

John Kalucki wrote:
The wording wasn't accurate and has since been changed. They're going
to be poking around with network and monitoring traffic, and there's
always a very small chance that something will go wrong, a link will
drop, and it'll take a few seconds for the network topology to
re-converge. Usually we hardly take note of, or can even detect, a
partition, due to the low convergency latency. However, when we're
running the backlinks so hot, anything could happen. They're just
trying to communicate the somewhat elevated risk of this measurement
that is only useful during a peak event and is necessary to add
appropriate capacity and balance load.