You may need to do some post-processing on your end to get exactly what you
want. You could search for t, then discard all tweets that don't contain $t.

But, it sounds like you are doing a repetitive automated search. You should
be using the Streaming API for this. Try using track for $t, it might work.
If not, track for t, then post-process. If you use search, you will miss
some tweets, due to relevance filtering.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Infrastructure, Twitter Inc.