> I have the same question. I need to add Twitter OAuth to my widely
> distributed PHP based open-source CMS add-on. All the documentation
> says never ever distribute your consumer secret, which I understand
> why this would be a bad idea. Yet all of the documentation/examples I
> have found require that the consumer secret be hard-coded into the
> source.
>
> The closes thing I have found, that doesn't require the consumer
> secret embedded in the source, is a description of how it might work,
> http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_thread/thread/c18ade9d86c8b239
> But, I cannot find any docs/examples where this scenario has actually
> been implemented.

It does exist. While I can't speak for Twitter and whatever internal issues
are slowing up its rollout, TTYtter has been a test bed for the key exchange
for some time now. Most of the users have found the process painless. You can
see how a sample workflow works in the documentation, or try it yourself. The
app itself is open Perl.

        http://www.floodgap.com/software/ttytter/

I'm sure Taylor will comment on what will be happening to roll it out to more
potential consumers.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckai...@floodgap.com
-- People are weird. -- Law & Order SVU ---------------------------------------