Hey,

Thanks for the email. The URL pattern you are using is incorrect which is
why you are seeing the status get dropped. For the ?status= URLs to work you
should make sure your links follow this pattern:
  http://twitter.com/home?status=url%20encoded%20message

Missing the /home will mean the status isn't maintained on redirects or
logins so you'll want to make sure you use that pattern instead.

I'll let the team know about the double encoding issue on redirect from
www.twitter.com to twitter.com but to be safe you should use the URL pattern
above and not rely on the redirect.

Thanks,
Matt