I too am waiting for the profile image API call to be fixed. I have
checked the request and even dove into HTTP_Request2's internal code
just to verify that the request is correct.  The only error I get back
is 500 Internal Server Error.  No other hints or suggestions are
present in the response header.  The images I am using are small and
well within the limits.  Any update on when this may be working again?

Thanks,
Ryan