Gnip's beta testing URL unwinding in all of its streams. All short
URLs that move through Gnip get unwound (one level), in real-time,
when we transform to Activity Streams. We're representing the
unwinding as follows (as an example). If you're interested in trying
this out, you can sign up for a trial at http://try.gnip.com . We have
to manually toggle the feature on for you (as it's in beta), so be
sure to email us (i...@gnip.com) w/ said request after signing up for
the trial.

<gnip:urls>
  <gnip:url>
    <gnip:short_url>http://bit.ly/aC7YVr</gnip:short_url>
    <gnip:long_url>http://www.twitlonger.com/show/
1e65c74b49302a0afd8580561e63456a</gnip:long_url>
  </gnip:url>
</gnip:urls>