Hey guys -

I'm curious as to know whether there's any problems with the search
API?

I'm curling from a PHP script, and it keeps timing out with 'couldn't
connect to host' errors when my URL is a search (eg:
http://search.twitter.com/search.atom?q=test). Interestingly, if I
curl either of the following:

http://api.twitter.com/1/help/test.xml
http://api.twitter.com/1/account/rate_limit_status.xml

...and it doesn't time out, I get a true, and my rate limit is
150/150. I'm not using any authentication, this is a straight request
from a script.

Could I be on an IP blacklist for search (can I check this?)? I've
been pretty careful with my caching, I make nowhere near 150 requests
an hour, although my site is on a shared server, so it's entirely
plausible someone else has been hammering it. Although if that was the
case, would something not show up on the odd times I actually get the
rate limit to show something?

If anyone can help, or point me in the direction of something I've
missed, I'd be eternally grateful...

ben