I'm seeing these error responses on other endpoints, now.

Here's the result of an OAuth authenticated request for friends_ids:
{"errors":[{"code":53,"message":"Basic authentication is not supported"}]}

Then verify_credentials Authenticating as the same user:
{"request":"/1/account/verify_credentials.json","error":"Could not authenticate
with OAuth."}

Then an unauthenticated users/show for the same user:
{"errors":[{"code":63,"message":"User has been suspended"}]}

So, I finally see what the real problem is.  The inconsistency in error
formats and messages is quite difficult to deal with.

I'm also getting these errors for friends_ids.  Interestingly, this is
the response I get using OAuth.
* Raffi Krikorian <ra...@twitter.com> [100830 05:48]: